I Think We Won

Bookmark and Share
World War II, that is.

Here the re-enactors gather in the morning by the flagpole for a safety briefing.

There was a good crowd of visitors, but not huge. This re-enactment was not widely publicized, but more of a test run, as I was told. I believe it went well, and they would like to do this again next year during Memorial Day weekend. In any case, I think we all had a blast!



The uniforms were all very authentic, and there were many period vehicles such as these.










They also set up several interesting and informative displays of WWII items.













The Battle of McHenry County.









Those Germans. What a bunch of comedians.




This is part of the final climactic battle for the rail yard. Unfortunately, this picture just doesn't do it justice.







I got a few compliments on my outfit. Others thought I looked like a member of the Gestapo -- or the Mafia.

"Nice little diner ya got here, Nick. It'd be a shame if anything happened to it..."
hicks car works

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment