Trip Report-Frozen North Edition-National Railroad Museum, Green Bay, Wisconsin

Bookmark and Share
So what kind of person would go to a railroad museum, with many outside displays on a day where the high temperature was 5 degrees? I did! I did it for our loyal readers. Business recently took me to Green Bay, Wisconsin. Having a free few hours in the afternoon, I headed to the National Railroad Museum.

Fortunately for me, the museum has constructed a heated display building, which contained a number of exhibits, including the British Railways Class A4 4-6-2 Dwight D. Eisenhower, the Union Pacific Big Boy, a GG1, and other exhibits. Seeing the A4 was a very neat expierence as Frank and I constantly debate which pre-nationalization British Railway had better looking steam locomotives, the LNER or the Great Western.

The indoor display area also includes a nicely restored 10-1-2 heavyweight Pullman, and a well-done exhibit on Pullman porters.










After viewing the indoor exhibits, I bundled up, and headed outside to view the exhibits in the large open building. I probably made a record fast tour of the building and its exhibits.









If you are in Green Bay, I recommend a trip to NRM. However, I would also suggest you visit at a warmer time of the year.
hicks car works

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment